Sunday, 13 July 2014

Orange Tourist Guide for Research Material

Orange has some wonderful places to visit: Mount Canobolas and Federal Falls, Ophir and Summerhill Creek, Borenore Caves, and a multitude of lovely parks, vineyards and restaurants.

But one of my favourite places to visit is The Recovery Centre at the Orange tip, where you can remind yourself and your children, of the repercussions of consumerism while partaking in a satisfying and ethical dose of retail therapy.

The tip shop, as we call it, is always inspiring...


... and provided brilliant reference material for Look, A Book:




It's worth visiting for other reasons too. I have picked up some of my favourite Woodsware crockery out there, a beautiful West German jug, and not so long ago I was lucky enough to inherit a working overhead projector that a friend found at the Recovery Centre. And this brings me to my next planned post, which may or may not, appear soon...

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you there, Freya. For all those reasons - except i write, not draw. But my little backyard studio where I made dozens of mosaics from recycled crockery and found objects was made entirely from materials from a Recycled Tip set up in Adelaide. It even has a little stained glass window whose frame I painted red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture. Is it possible to buy a print of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,

      Thanks for your message. Which image do you mean? I did have the final image available as a print, but I'm out of stock and currently changing printers, so I'm afraid I've no idea when it might be available again. I'll try to get a move on with it. And you can keep an eye out on my etsy page where I have prints for sale.

      Freya

      Delete